Thursday, November 09, 2006

Week 11 Rundown: Thursday and Friday

THURSDAY
6:00 PM

Buffalo (2-7) @ Akron (4-5)
Both teams laid down the boom last week, with Buffalo's win over Kent being bigger scorewise than Akron over BGSU. However, statwise, Akron was the one that was no contest, and I go with the state. Plus, you know, it's Buffalo.
My Pick: Akron
Confidence (out of 5): 3


7:30 PM

#5 Louisville (8-0) @ #17 Rutgers (8-0)
West Virginia is a much better team than Rutgers. That much I know. Plus I still don't really buy that Rutgers defense, since UConn gained some yardage on them but turnovers killed the Huskies. All the evidence really goes in favor of UL, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rutgers won just to completely screw up the Big East.
My Pick: Louisville
Confidence: 1


8:00 PM

Wyoming (5-5) @ BYU (7-2)
Wyoming's a thoroughly decent team. However, this game is at BYU, and BYU's been a MWC wrecking ball. So I don't give the Cowboys much of a chance.
My Pick: BYU
Confidence: 3


FRIDAY
7:00 PM

Western Michigan (7-2) @ Central Michigan (6-3)
Oh shit! One of the biggest games in the MAC this year, amazingly. WMU's been scraping by lately, plus the game's at CMU, plus CMU's offense is humming. Of course, there are the usual caveats about this being both a rivalry game and a MAC game. Still..
My Pick: Central Michigan
Confidence: 1


8:00 PM

UTEP (4-5) @ UAB (3-6)
Two porous defenses here. UTEP's been slightly more impressive, or slightly less unimpressive depending how you look at it, plus the Miners have more talent, so there ya go.
My Pick: UTEP
Confidence: 2

No comments: