Thursday, November 16, 2006

Week 12 Rundown: Thursday and Friday

THURSDAY
7:30 PM

#5 West Virginia (8-1) @ Pittsburgh (6-4)
Pittsburgh's sliding. They still have some talent, particularly QB Tyler Palko and RB LaRod Stephens-Dowling, both of which looked good against UConn. However, that Pitt defense? Ehhhh, not so much. If the defense steps up, I could actually see the upset, but that's a big if.
My Pick: West Virginia
Confidence (out of 5): 2

Akron (5-5) @ Ohio (7-3)
Ohio's on a five-game winning streak, the last two of which were solid but unimpressive. Akron's a solid if consistent team, and QB Luke Getsy's a good one. Ohio's probably the better team at this point, and definitely the hotter one, but it really could go either way.
My Pick: Ohio
Confidence: 1


FRIDAY
6:00 PM

Eastern Michigan (1-9) @ Kent State (5-5)
Kent's tailing off horribly, but EMU has just been crap this year. I give EMU a fighting chance because of MAC parity, but if they can't win most of their other games, I don't think they can win this one on the road.
My Pick: Kent State
Confidence: 3

Central Michigan (7-3) @ Northern Illinois (5-5)
Garrett Wolfe's tailed off pretty bad, and CMU's the class of the MAC. Weird, huh? Wolfe is still capable of having a huge game against anyone, anytime, and this fits into both those extremely broad categories, so I give the Huskies a chance. CMU's the clear fave, though.
My Pick: Central Michigan
Confidence: 2

No comments: