Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Week 7 Rundown: Thursday and Friday

THURSDAY
7:00 PM

Southern Utah @ Florida Atlantic (1-4)
FAU was good enough to win one more game than I expected this year, so I assume they'll beat the Thunderbirds.
My Pick: Florida Atlantic
Confidence (out of 5): 3


7:30 PM

Temple (0-6) @ #8 Clemson (5-1)
This could be the mismatch of the year. I have no idea what to write here, because I don't know if I can do this justice.
My Pick: Clemson
Confidence: 5

#23 Virginia Tech (4-1) @ Boston College (4-1)
VT's only had one test, and lost it badly, so they're probably overrated. Then again, so is BC. BC might actually be the better team for how much I malign them, but they're breaking in a new kicker, and this year, special teams problems = a loss, even if you don't deserve one.
My Pick: Virginia Tech
Confidence: 2


8:00 PM

Colorado State (4-1) @ Air Force (2-2)
Colorado State has a lot of momentum, but their loss to Nevada and especially their big win at Fresno look a lot worse now. AFA's impressed, although that may be a result of low standards, playing Tennessee close and only losing to Navy. Even with their impressive wins being not so impressive now, I still think CSU is a good team (especially that defense), but I'm going to take Air Force.
My Pick: Air Force
Confidence: 2


FRIDAY
8:00 PM

#24 Pittsburgh (4-1) @ Central Florida (2-3)
UCF's been quite underwhelming. Pretty much the same thoughts I usually have on Pitt: They should win based on talent, but Dave Wannstedt coaching always worries me.
My Pick: Pittsburgh
Confidence: 3

No comments: