Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Week 8 Rundown: Wednesday through Friday

WEDNESDAY
7:30 PM

Louisiana-Lafayette (3-2) @ Florida Atlantic (2-4)
FAU doesn't look quite as awful as predicted, but LALA's had some freaky good wins, like Houston and...well, Eastern Michigan is impressive for a Sun Belt team. ULL should win this easy, but there's always the chance for some Sun Belt wackiness. None of these teams are really clearcut leaders of the pack talentwise.
My Pick: Louisiana-Lafayette
Confidence (out of 5): 3


THURSDAY
7:30 PM

Central Michigan (4-3) @ Bowling Green (4-3)
Ohhhh jesus I don't know. BGSU beat Ohio, but got murdered by Kent, while CMU is undefeated in the conference and played BC close, but god beat badly by Kentucky. I like CMU's wins more, and the homefield advantage doesn't seem to mean much in the MAC, so I'll go with the Chippewas.
My Pick: Central Michigan
Confidence: 1

North Carolina (1-5) @ Virginia (2-5)
UVA's at least been competitive in their conference games, although UNC has played a weaker schedule. Virginia can kind of run it, and will probably have their biggest ground game this week. Teams are probably about even, I'm just really down on the UNC run defense (or lack thereof.)
My Pick: Virginia
Confidence: 1


9:00 PM

Utah (4-3) @ New Mexico (3-4)
Utah's as frustrating as anyone in the country. ALL THAT TALENT, DAMMIT! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here, especially since UNM's loss to Portland State still lingers in my mind.
My Pick: Utah
Confidence: 2


FRIDAY
8:00 PM

#4 West Virginia (6-0) @ Connecticut (3-3)
Well, UConn's coming off a big win against...Army? I want to give the Huskies more of a chance, but if Navy ran for over 500, then...hoo boy.
My Pick: West Virginia
Confidence: 4

No comments: