Thursday, September 20, 2007

Week 4 Preview: Thursday and Friday

THURSDAY
7:00 PM

Western Kentucky @ Middle Tennessee State (0-3)
MTSU's still somewhat of a question mark, as the offense looked horrible against FAU, excellent against Louisville, and obviously got shut down by LSU, so this really could go either way. WKU will be a Sun Belt team next year, and essentially is now, so the usual warnings about Sun Belt parity apply here.
My Pick: Middle Tennessee State
Confidence (out of 5): 2


7:30 PM

#13 Texas A&M (3-0) @ Miami (2-1)
An intriguing game, as Miami's top-notch run defense makes this a bad matchup for A&M. If TAMU QB Stephen McGee had shown a more balanced attack like last season, that'd be one thing, but both he and the entire Aggie offense have been more run-based this season. The Miami running game is also good enough to score enough to win, but I'll still give the edge to A&M, as I still think the Canes QB will make a mistake or two that costs them the game.
My Pick: Texas A&M
Confidence: 2


FRIDAY
8:00 PM

#2 Oklahoma (3-0) @ Tulsa (2-0)
Easily the best offense OU has faced yet, but I'm not sure it's going to matter. Tulsa could surprise with the amount of points they put up, but I don't really expect the Tulsa defense to be able to do much. This may not be a blowout, but I don't see anything else happening other than a convincing OU victory.
My Pick: Oklahoma
Confidence: 4

No comments: